Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Wantsies

I've got a serious case of "The Wantsies" today!  Here's my current list of my wants:


  • a yard of my very own that I own and can do with as I please
  • a gated garden filled with all my favorite herbs, fruits, berries, and vegetables.
  • a garden shed to keep all my supplies in nice and organized with a green house attached to the side with a big long workstation & sink for potting
  • all the tools I need to keep my beautiful gardens & lawns up
  • a rose lined white gazebo with beautiful comfortable seating inside to lay about and read or enjoy a nice quiet afternoon tea in
  • a chicken coop with chickens who provide me with fresh yummy eggs (and when they are done laying with fresh poultry)
  • a compost area to cut back on my impact in the local landfills and provide fresh organic dirt for my garden beds.
  • a root celler to store all my roots vegetables so they don't spoil over the winter season
  • a dairy goat (and if I am brave enough a cow)
  • a large deep freezer
  • a large food storage area stocked with my own canned goods, none of these store/name brand sauces, vegetables, soups, stocks, and meats anymore.
  • to order a 1/2 cow and 1/2 pig from a local farmer whom I know doesn't inject his/her animals with a ton of hormones but grows his stock off the land the natural way
  • possibly some wild game (venison, elk, birds, etc... but of course I don't personally want to kill them) & wild fish.
I want to get back to the roots more and more every day...maybe one day...another lifetime...

No comments:

Post a Comment